Each of our current collaborative arts projects, as well as those in development, has a specific research design for outcome evaluation.
"HANGING OUT" project:
- Studies the psychological wellbeing of the women participants using standard quantitative measures of quality of life, mood, stress and body image at predetermined intervals before and after the workshop process.
- Provides qualitative evaluation of follow-up interviews which search for relationships between quantitative measures and thematic content.
- Allows for a reshaping of the experience of breast cancer through this innovative body-casting and myth-relating method
- Offers new ground for study in the field of mind/body research through its integration of mind and body therapeutic techniques.
- Utilizes a similar research design to study the transformative effects of the dreams of women with a current or past history of breast cancer in a supportive group setting.
-Complements established research demonstrating the powerful effects of support groups to enhance recovery and increase survival for women with breast cancer.
-Examines the psychological effects of a different type of support group, one which engages creative imagination through dreamwork as the agent of change.
-Uses an established method of dream group practice which is designed to promote a change in attitude and in self-concept.
-Provides potentially significant cross-study data between Waking Dreams & Warrior Women projects.
Waking Dreams & Warrior Women is a non-profit organization of physicians, artists and many others who value the relationship of the arts in medicine.
Through medical research, collaborative arts projects and educational programs Waking Dreams & Warrior Women explores the creative process in order to awaken new ways to experience healing within ourselves.
Please consider a tax-deductible contribution to Waking Dreams & Warrior Women. You may also join our Sponsorship Program-your $60 contribution gives a deserving woman the gift of Hanging Out.
For more information, please write or call:
WAKING DREAMS & WARRIOR WOMEN
92 Governor Bradford Dr.
Barrington, RI 02806
phone 401-245-5449 fax 401-245-2826